Kirjoittaja Aihe: Danish hunter  (Luettu 5350 kertaa)

From

• Tulokas
    • Profiili
Danish hunter
« : 15:10 14.02.2017 »
Hello guys

I need some help! I have been doing a lot of research on hunting in Finland but I have some difficulties understanding the Finnish language ;-)

I finish school this summer and i would like to do some hunting in Finland. I feel really drawn by your huge wild areas which is something that we don't have in Denmark... If it's possible I would like to stay for a month or so and combine big and small game hunting. Do people camp in the wild for longer periods of time? And how is it with the licenses for public land? I do know that game bigger than roe deer can't be killed with the bow...

I hope that you can help me :-)

Best regards Johannes From

eemeil

• Tulokas
    • Profiili
Vs: Danish hunter
« Vastaus #1 : 17:16 14.02.2017 »
Here is a link where you can find some answers:
http://riista.fi/en/foreign-guest-needs-able-hunt-finland/
I assume you are going to hunt with a bow, so no need for permission with that.

For state-owned land we buy the license from web, but don't know if foreigner can get license for such land. You need to ask that from metsähallitus: http://www.eraluvat.fi/en/contact-us.html

I and my friends do camp in the woods sometimes when we are hunting, but please check this out: http://www.ym.fi/fi-fi/ajankohtaista/julkaisut/esitteet/jokamiehenoikeudet_esite
There are everyman's rights in finland, that are used in woods, in private and state-owned land.

Also pay attention to hunting season for each game, these are not so easy to remember: http://riista.fi/en/hunting/open-seasons/

So lots of to take care, maybe a local guide would be useful.

I hope this helps you even a bit further in this..

Arzaan

• Sähköjänis
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #2 : 19:28 14.02.2017 »
If you are in  facebook you could contact Dana Worster(hunters friend eu. owner) or Aaron Hanson (Hani Hansen in fabook) Theyll explain you everything that it needs to foreign to hunt in finland. Also there is a big game(whitetail&boar) hunting seminar coming in march 11th. You are welcome to participate.
Hyvin menee, hyvin menee! Oon nähny tätä paljon telkkarista!

From

• Tulokas
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #3 : 11:52 16.02.2017 »
Hello again guys :-)

Thanks a lot for your responses, it's really a huge help! I just have a few more questions... I hope you can help me out :-) I've decided that I will try to go for a canadian beaver. I have a danish hunting license and i want to bring my longbow with me if that's legal in Finland? In Denmark we can use all 3 types, but we have to pass a test... I've figured how to get the main hunting license, but after that I will have to buy a "small game license" to hunt beaver right? I would like to hunt public land but I can't find anything on where the beavers are... Are they living all over Finland or? I found this map (http://www.retkikartta.fi/index.php?lang=en) where you can add the map layer called "hunting" does this layer show areas of public land?

Arzaan

• Sähköjänis
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #4 : 13:11 16.02.2017 »
All bow models are leagal, it just have to be at least 40,5#. To beaver the heavier bounds the better because of it`S thick bones and skin, a lifting hook(very sharp) end of a long stick is good to have also, and huntinglaw demands to use a cord attached to arrow(AMS retriever  bowfishing reel is most popular). Broadhead should be fixed and big enough that it doesn`t come trough the beaver if the whole arrow doesnt pass, minimum of 22mm say the law. Canadian beaver is mostly seen in easten and middle parts of finland. From middle to west finland it`s more likely European beaver and it`s not leagal to shoot with the small game permit. Canadian beaver is getting rare in puplic covernment land so it could be hard to find, or it takes lots of time. You can find and buy the permits from here http://www.eraluvat.fi/en/front-page.html there you can also see if there is beavers are named in the list of game animals in the area where you want to hunt,also the map of the are is shown there. 

From

• Tulokas
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #5 : 13:53 16.02.2017 »
Are you sure? I can only find permits for fishing...

Arzaan

• Sähköjänis
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #6 : 20:20 16.02.2017 »
Yes but somehow you can only buy and check the permits in finnish..sorry. You should call and ask why.

eemeil

• Tulokas
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #7 : 17:36 17.02.2017 »
I found this map (http://www.retkikartta.fi/index.php?lang=en) where you can add the map layer called "hunting" does this layer show areas of public land?
Yes. If you check only the hunting and type for example kemijärvi, it will give you options and the numbers of the areas that are also used when you try to buy the license. Also it will highlight the legal hunting area.
I personally use that service when I'm printing maps for my hunting trips on goverment land.

eemeil

• Tulokas
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #8 : 17:47 17.02.2017 »
Also the beaver license policy changed for this year (on public land). Now there is own beaver license that is valid for whole season, and allows you to shoot two canadian beavers. This is also area based permit. European beaver always needs special permit, that are not so easy to get.

From

• Tulokas
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #9 : 16:51 18.02.2017 »
I see, thanks for letting med know :-)

Do any of you guys have experience hunting beaver and small game around Kuhmo? I was thinking about buying licenses for the block called Länsi-Kuhmo nr. 5617...

I was also wondering if people were allowed to drive on the forest roads that's within the borders of the public hunting grounds? I'm just curious weather or not I can improve my chances of succes by heading further into the hunting areas...

eemeil

• Tulokas
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #10 : 11:13 20.02.2017 »
I see, thanks for letting med know :-)

Do any of you guys have experience hunting beaver and small game around Kuhmo? I was thinking about buying licenses for the block called Länsi-Kuhmo nr. 5617...
I have no experience at this.
I was also wondering if people were allowed to drive on the forest roads that's within the borders of the public hunting grounds? I'm just curious weather or not I can improve my chances of succes by heading further into the hunting areas...

Yes, you can drive the forest roads, but you can't have hunting weapons in motorised vehicle while driving off-road. (Offroad might be prohibited by land owners!) Also, you can't hunt from the vehicle, and after you park you can't hunt right away, you have to walk atleast 100 metres from vehicle before you can hunt.

Arto_Y

• SJML Tutor
  • Sähköjänis
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #11 : 08:55 28.02.2017 »

In general, Canadian beaver is quite common in Kuhmo. Of course it would still be helpful for you to get a hint of an active beaver area.

Lainaus
I was also wondering if people were allowed to drive on the forest roads that's within the borders of the public hunting grounds?

In general it is allowed but you should be careful during spring time and use common sense depending on conditions. The forest roads are often so wet that they will get ruined when driven at. Sometimes access to roads is forbidden spring time by placing barriers to prevent driving to them. So you cannot be sure when making plans unless you have local contacts who know the place.